A key file is a file of the form їїї.key, which enables the user to use Safety-Lab applications on the terms of a
trial or commercial license. Safety-Lab provides a key file based on the activation code when the application is
activated by using an activation code. You may use the application only when you have a key file.
If the key file is accidentally deleted, you can restore it in one of the following ways:
- Send a request to Technical Support.
A trial key file is a key file that enables users to try out the application for a limited period of time. A trial key file gives you
the right to use the application starting on the day that the application is activated. Safety-Lab provides trial key files
free of charge upon activation of a trial version of the application.
A commercial key file is a key file that contains data that is needed to use the application on the terms of a commercial
license. A commercial key file gives you the right to use the application starting on the day that the application is
activated. Safety-Lab provides a commercial key file based on the activation code that is obtained when buying the
A key file contains the following license data:
- License number - a unique number that is needed for a number of purposes, such as to receive technical
support from Safety-Lab.
- Limit on number of computers - the maximum number of computers on which the application can be activated
with the given key file.
- Key file validity term - a specific amount of time that begins at the moment of key file creation. It is determined
by the application, depending on the validity term of the license.
- Key file creation date - the date of creation of the key file that is based on the activation code, marking the start
of the countdown of the key file validity term.
- License storage term - a set term that begins at the moment of license creation by Safety-Lab specialists.
The license storage term may last several years. The application may be activated only before the expiration of
- expiration date of the key file validity term - a date after which the key file cannot be used to activate the
application. The expiration date of the key file validity term is calculated from the date when the key file is used
for the first time plus the key file validity term, but may not come later than the expiration of the license storage
When the expiration date of the key file validity term comes before the expiration of the license storage term, the
license storage term is limited by the expiration date of the key file validity term.
- Technical support information.